vivianblair

vivianblair

Think Of England

Think Of England - K.J. Charles I loved everything about this book. Absolutely everything. I loved the setting, I loved the atmosphere, I loved the plot. But most of all, I loved the characters. It might not have been love at first sight, but the transition from Curtis and da Silva to Archie and Daniel had me utterly charmed.

I particularly enjoyed Curtis' journey to self-discovery. The English gentleman hero's development into an unexpectedly sweet, loyal, and utterly smitten romance lead, was pure satisfaction. Daniel da Silva was just impossible to dislike. His mannerisms, talents, and taunts all mask a fragility that I found endearing. The scenes between the two characters were either packed with suggestion, sizzling, or just plain fun. They were perfect together.

Romance aside, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the author's voice. Not that I should have been - I loved her previous works. But it just felt so authentic and well researched. I loved the Boer War angle. It's a piece of history that I'm well familiar with, but haven't encountered much in fiction. I enjoyed reading about it. I thought the author found a perfect balance of fleshing out Curtis' backstory without it weighing down the main plot.

All in all, it was a well-written, well-researched, hot hot hot romance. I enjoyed every word of it.